Brent Mencap, based in Willesden High Road, has been praised by Willesden Green councillor Ann Hunter for achieving the prestigious Investors in People gold standard.
The award shows that the organisation is committed to its staff and provides employees with opportunities to develop.
Willesden Green Liberal Democrat councillor Ann Hunter is vice-chair of Brent Council’s Health Overview & Scrutiny Committee. She said:
“I’m delighted that Brent Mencap and its employees have received this recognition. I know what an important job Mencap does from my experience on the health committee and as a local councillor.
Many residents with learning disabilities and their families rely on Brent Mencap for help, support and advice. This award shows that thanks to Executive Director Ann O’Neill and her team the charity is well equipped to deal with the challenges it faces.
Brent Mencap’s strengths, as set out by the Investors In People organisation, are
- Strong Leadership, embedded Values and Vision, and widespread consultation for ALL people’s input
- Delegation and empowerment as an embedded part of the culture with opportunities that are open to all to develop and “challenge themselves to whatever level they desire”
- Everyone is fully committed to sharing knowledge and helping each other grow together
- A structure that is totally inclusive and an ethos of total equality and opportunity
- Total commitment to Brent Mencap’s purpose and to the people that they “serve”.